At Trotts Hill we aim to ensure that all children become digitally literate in this ever-changing technical world. In line with the National Curriculum we intend for children to gain the following skills so that they can develop ideas that they are able to use throughout their life time, and to express themselves through information and communication technology. Our driving motivation is to ensure that pupils have a secure understanding of internet safety. Pupils will:
- understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation
- analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems
- evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems
- be responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology
At Trotts Hill, these skills quip children to use computational thinking and creativity to understand and change the world. Our curriculum recognises that computing has strong links with mathematics, science, design technology and PSHE.
Trotts Hill is committed to helping its pupils and staff use computing with purpose and enjoyment. We teach the importance of using computing safely. We aim to help pupils develop and consolidate their knowledge, skills and understanding within the computing curriculum so that they can become life-long independent learners.
We use the Purple Mash platform (amongst others) to support our learning.
This term we have been completing many different tasks online, including
- entering a Festive Card Competition
- creating our own avatars
- writing instructional leaflets
- creating a web-page on How to Use TEAMS
- making comic-strips to show the SMART rules.
Internet Guidance for Parents.
Please read the guidelines for parents. The guidelines are linked to different games and apps.
The children of Trotts Hill school have been busy learning on Purple Mash! The slideshow above shows a few examples from each year group showcasing the different programs that the children have been accessing as part of their home learning.